Closed

Products without "id" information can't be uploaded. Please check that this fiel

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:41 pm
Hello,
I installed correctly the OG Meta Tag plugin and checking the page in FB tool
I get this error
Products without "id" information can't be uploaded. Please check that this field is included for each product in a separate, labeled column.
I have SKU filled in product item. Any idea what else I have to do?

I also get 1 warning
Invalid google product category provided: google_product_category
The google product category specified in the feed file does not match to the standard taxonomy defined by Google support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324436. You can specify either the string representation or the numeric representation of your category.
I am not sure if has to do with the plugin.

Thank you!
The topic has been closed.
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:37 am
First of all, this has nothing to do with Google. Open Graph meta tags are used by Facebook but not by Google. Refer to this Facebook documentation to learn more - developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/webmasters/

I am not sure what tool you are using to test your product pages. You need to use Facebook Sharing Debugger to test your pages correctly - developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
Post your reviews about us on our Facebook Page.
Post your testimonials and suggestions Here.
Don't forget to Close your topic when resolved.
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:53 pm
Hello again,
Still having problem connecting facebook pixel and og:tags with facebook.
FB developer group says:
"Looking at your Source code, I do see that someone tried to start implementing OpenGraph Microdata Tags, however it does not look like they were properly added. It looks like the Microdata that was setup has website information, not Product information*. You need to set up the Microdata for your Products. They weren´t far off!"

*After this comment I changed the plugin preference from website to product.

Trying to figure out what else could be wrong, I see some og tags that for facebook are required, though in my website are not generated.
  1. og:price:currency
  2. og:price:amount
  3. product:condition
  4. product:retailer_item_id
Could you please explain how to generate these tags also?

Now I have these og:tags in my product´s page.
  1. og:type
  2. og:title
  3. og:url
  4. og:site_name
  5. og:description
  6. og:image
  7. fb:admins
  8. product:category
  9. product:brand
  10. product:price:amount
  11. product:price:currency
  12. product:sale_price:amount
  13. product:sale_price:currency
  14. product:retailer_part_no
  15. product:availability
  16. product:weight:value
  17. product:weight:units

Thank you
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:21 pm
Open Graph and Facebook Product Object do not have any of these meta tags. Refer - ogp.me and developers.facebook.com/docs/payments/product/

1. og:price:currency
  2. og:price:amount
  3. product:condition
  4. product:retailer_item_id

"og:price:currency" and "og:price:amount" are not valid Open Graph meta tags for Facebook product object. VirtueMart also does not any data called "retailer_item_id" or "condition". The plugin adds all valid Open Graph Meta Tags for Facebook Sharing. I repeat, you can easily verify the validity of the meta tags using Facebook Sharing Debugger - developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/webmasters/

I assume your FB developer is looking for something else but not Facebook Page sharing Open Graph tags. Moreover, the plugin has nothing to do with Facebook pixels. That is a completely different subject all together.
Post your reviews about us on our Facebook Page.
Post your testimonials and suggestions Here.
Don't forget to Close your topic when resolved.