Answered

Wrong image showing up when shared on FB

Wed Mar 2, 2016 9:22 am
I don't know what is happening but when I first set up VM OG, FB was showing the image that I set as the one I wanted to use. Now, it has gone back to the image that it was using before I set up VM OG. I have used the FB object debugger page and rescraped the site to no avail. The error message shown on the debugger page is:

og:image could not be downloaded or is too small og:image was not defined, could not be downloaded or was not big enough. Please define a chosen image using the og:image metatag, and use an image that's at least 200x200px and is accessible from Faceboo... See More

I don't know what to do to get this to show as I want. The image I have defined is 350x350 so it is big enough. It is in the same exact directory as the image that FB is currently using. Any help or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Wed Mar 2, 2016 12:43 pm
This is really strange. Please post the link of the exact product page where you are facing this problem. We need to check it ourselves.
Post your reviews and testimonials Here.
Don't forget to Close your topic when resolved.
Wed Mar 2, 2016 12:51 pm
It is not a product. It is the image I want to display when someone shares my basic url. Here is what is displayed on FB when someone posts www.turntex.com:

fb.jpg

Here is where it is set in VM OG...it is the site logo I am trying to display:

defaultdata.jpg

This is the image path that you can not see in it's entirety: images/stories/virtuemart/category/resized/acombinedtest.png
Here is the full URL to the image and it displays just fine in a browser: www.turntex.com/images/stories/virtuemar...ed/acombinedtest.png

I thought it might be an issue with .png but .jpg does not work either.

Check this page to see what FB debugging is saying in the warnings section: developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/o...t/?q=www.turntex.com
Wed Mar 2, 2016 1:07 pm
I think Facebook is removing the white/blank spaces which are left on top and bottom of the image while calculating the image size. Can you please try again using the attached image?
Attachments:
Wed Mar 2, 2016 2:02 pm
This is weird. Stupid FB! I used your image and still got the same error message. However, the image used when posting to facebook changed to the one I had tried to use previously! I deleted your image and made a new one of my own and used it and then your image showed up! I then added another image and now have the image I want for the time being at least. Still get the same error message, though, in the FB object debugger!
Wed Mar 2, 2016 4:07 pm
I just Googled a bit on this. It seems to be a very common problem. Facebook cache every images and it takes time to refetch it. Set the correct image and wait for Facebook to update it in its database. Some people say it may take upto 24~48 before you can see the change.