In the download section of VP Merchant you will find two zipped packages:
This is a standard Joomla Package which includes the following items
- VP Merchant Template
- VirtuePlanet Framework Plugin
- VP Compare Module
- VP Mini Cart Module
- VP Wishlist Module
- VP Manufacturer Carousel Module
- VP Product Carousel Module
- VP Responsive Slider Module
You can install the zipped package as it is, through Joomla Extension Installer and which will install all the above 8 items together in your site making your life little easier. After the installation you can find the package as VP Merchant Package in Joomla! Extension Manager. After installation please ensure that VirtuePlanet Framework Plugin is enabled in Plugin Manager. Now you can manage the template normally like from Joomla! Template Manager.
In case you need to uninstall the template, you need to select this package in Extension Manager and hit uninstall button. This will uninstall all the above 8 items including the template and VirtueMart Framework at one go.
Alternatively you can also install the items separately one by one. This method may help if your server has smaller Upload Size limit (less than 2MB). To do that unzip/unpack the package file at your computer. You can find the above 8 (eight) packages in source folder. Now you can install each of these packages one by one through Extensions Installer.
This is the Quick Start package of the template and installing this will give you an exact clone of the demo site.
How to Install Quick Start Package?
A Quick Start package is a complete Joomla Installation package which includes Joomla, VirtueMart and all Demo contents. You do not need to install Joomla separately for this. The installation process of a quick start package is exactly same as standard Joomla! Installation process as you can see here: docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Installing_Joomla
During the installation process Joomla will provide you an option to Install Sample Data. You need to select Quick Start Sample Data so that the demo data provided in the package gets installed.
Quick Start Package Installation Process:
- Download the quick start package from the download section of our site.
- Upload this zipped file to the public_html of your site i.e the root folder of your site using FTP or file manager in your hosting account cPanel.
- Extract this zip file using the extract button in your root folder.
- Go to phpMyAdmin in cPanel and create a database taking note of the username, password and name of the database.
- Open your favourite browser type your domain and the normal Joomla installation process will start. Follow all the steps and when you come to the database site fill in the database details you created in step
- Remember to install sample data because then only the demo contents will get installed in your site.
VP Merchant template is designed based on VirtuePlanet Framework (also known as VP Framework). For the template configuration options please refer to the detailed user guides of "VirtuePlanet Framework" and "VP Framework - Extended" available in the documentation section.
You can find the list of all available Module Positions of the template here
You can find the Module Display Options with live demonstartion here